One of the most delightful taste sensations and best made using all fresh produce of course!
What you will need:
- 250 g fresh asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 roma tomatoes
- quartered 100 g bocconcini cheese (milk cherries) halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar & pepper, to taste
How to put it all together:
1. Coat asparagus in flour, dip in egg and coat in combined breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, press lightly.
2. Place asparagus on a lined oven tray and bake at 200°C for 8 to 10 minutes or until parmesan cheese is golden and crisp.
3. Combine tomatoes, bocconcini cheese and basil and drizzle with vinegar.
4. Arrange salad onto serving plates, top with crumbed asparagus and season to taste.